The Tuscan Vegetable Tian with mozzarella cheese is a wonderful recipe you can prepare easily, every time you need a delicious vegetarian dish for you and your guests.
This recipe is perfect for who are looking for very good vegetarian food. Easy to make and easier to eat. You just need few kind of vegetables and tubers (tomatoes, squash, zucchini, garlic, potatoes).
Ingredients for 6 servings
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, medium
- 2 tomatoes, medium
- 1 yellow onion, medium
- 1 yellow or orange squash, medium
- 2 zucchini, medium
- 1 cup and half shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp Pecorino (tuscan sheep cheese)
- Salt & pepper
- 3 rosemary sprigs
- 3 basil leaves, minced
- Extravergin Olive Oil
How to prepare the Vegetable Tian
The preparation is really easy and fast.
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C.
2. Brush a baking dish with olive oil. In a medium pan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the onions over medium-low heat for 8 to 10 minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and cook for another minute. Spread the onion mixture on the bottom of the baking dish.
3. Slice the potatoes, zucchini, and tomatoes in 1/4-inch thick slices.
4. Layer the vegetables alternately in the dish on top of the onions, fitting them tightly, making only 1 layer.
5. Sprinkle with salt, pepper, 1 tbsp rosemary leaves (minced), add 2 rosemary sprigs and drizzle with 1 more tablespoon of olive oil.
6. Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 35 to 40 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
7. Uncover the dish, remove the rosemary sprigs, sprinkle the cheese on top with mozzarella cheese and then with 2 tbsp Pecorino cheese. Bake for another 15 minutes until browned.
8. Before serving add basil leaves (minced).