Eating watermelon like a pizza, yes is possible! A refreshing new watermelon recipe, perfect for hot summer days.
This nice fruit pizza recipe swaps classic cookie crust with a healthier watermelon “crust.” Just need to use creativity and everything is possible.
Using watermelon like pizza “crust”
Take a quite big watermelon and slice it in big round slices (about 1 inch thick), start to cut from the center of the melon, so you can have at least 4 or 6 really nice slices (good for you and for all your guests).
Ingredients for your watermelon pizza recipe
Do you know ingredients for classic pizzas? Ok for watermelon pizza they are similar… in color : )
You can use yogurt instead of mozzarella, berries and banana for olives and mushrooms, mint for basil, honey for extravergine olive oil. This fresh dessert can easily be doubled for a party, or you can serve it for a nice new Sunday dessert.
- 1/2 cup full cream yogurt
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- large round slices watermelon
- 1 cup sliced strawberries and blackberries
- 1/2 cup sliced banana or other fruit (opzional)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves
How to prepare watermelon pizza recipe
Just 4 easy steps and your watermelon become a wonderful delicious sweet pizza ; )
- Combine yogurt, honey and vanilla in a small bowl.
- Spread white yogurt mixture over each slice of watermelon.
- Top with strawberries, blackberries, other fruit and mint.
- Cut each slice into 8 wedges.
Important info about nutrition
Low calories and zero fat – Per serving: 64 calories; 1 g fat (0 g sat, 0 g mono); 1 mg cholesterol; 15 g carbohydrates; 1 g added sugars; 12 g total sugars; 2 g protein; 1 g fiber; 13 mg sodium; 237 mg potassium (variable data, according to type and quantity of fruit).
How many kinds of watermelon pizza exist?
You can prepare infinite recipes of watermelon & fruit pizza, depends on your creativity. Look at these wonderful images below, many kinds of watermelon pizza, with different ingredients.