A fantastic idea, low carb, low fat, vegetarian (also vegan) pizzas. What’s more? An incredible new recipe for making delicious pizza.
I’m sure of it, you’ve never think about cauliflower as ingredient for pizza-crust. Doesn’t matter whether it’s roasted, grilled or baked, this new pizza-crust recipe will transform your diet.
Ingredients for Cauliflower pizzas
Cauliflower is perfect for making a mild flavor crust, and it’s a perfect healthy and low-carb substitute to flour.
- 1 large head cauliflower (about 4 cups shredded)
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 garlic glove
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 12 tomato round slices
- 1/4 cup finely shredded Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Basil powder
How to prepare Cauliflower pizzas
1. Shred cauliflower into crumbles (using a box grater or a food processor). Reserve 4 cups, store the remainder in the fridge or freezer for future pizzas.
2. Cook cauliflower into microwave (10 minutes). When ready, put cauliflower in a bowl.
3. Add eggs, oregano, basil powder, garlic (fine sliced), 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, a bit of salt and stir to combine.
4. Preheat oven to 450° F / .
5. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets (or pizza pans); divide mixture into 12 balls.
6. Pat each ball into a thin round (about 4 inches wide). Place them on sheets and bake in oven 15 minutes until golden brown (the edges might be charred).
7. Remove sheets from oven and heat broiler. Top each mini crust with tomato sauce, basil leaves, remaining Mozzarella and Parmigiano Reggiano cheeses, and tomato slices.
8. Broil pizzas until cheese is melted and tomatoes are slightly roasted, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 5 minutes before serving.
You can serve these little cauliflower bites as an appetizer. This is an ideal recipe for a finger-food menu, but I’m sure, your guests will love these mini-pizzas.
You can top them with just about anything you’d like. Try what you want: pesto sauce, salami, sausages, olives, mushrooms and so on.