Are you tired to cook same kind of mushed potatoes? Perfect, try our new version and create wonderful and delicious mushed potato puffs.
Let’s prepare a brand new mashed potatoes. We needed to add taste, so we added some eggs, it will let puff up them in the oven and you will get crispy, puffy mashed potatoes on the outside, but creamy and soft mashed potatoes on the inside.
Ingredients for mashed potato Puffs
More than eggs. For the new mashed potatoes recipe you need to add also: delicious cheese, pancetta bits and chives. A new version a new taste. At the end, before serving, you will put some sour cream or yogurt on top, getting a wonderful brand new aperitizer or side dish.
Let’s start with ingredients for 8 Puffs:
- 600 grams mashed potatoes
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 500 grams cow cheese (italian fontina), shredded
- 350 grams pancetta bits (or bacon)
- Chives, chopped
- Pepper to taste
- 200 grams Parmesan cheese, shredded
How to prepare mashed potato Puffs
- Combine mashed potatoes, eggs, cow cheese, pancetta bits and chives
- Season with pepper (as you like)
- Take a muffin pan and mound a spoonful into each cup
- Sprinkle each cup with Parmesan cheese
- Bake for 30-35 minutes at 200° C, until golden brown
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve them warm with sour cream or yogurt on top with chives
DELICIOUS PUFFS. Crispy on the outside, fluffy on the inside. When you will taste these lovely potato Puffs you will fall in love with them, I’m sure of it! ; )
Ahh, you can also use our new version (mashed potatoes with eggs, pancetta and chives) without creating Puffs and just cooking all in a pot, like a simple potato pureé but this will be special and “rich”.