Why buying a processed bag of chips when you can have a yummy superfood snack like… Healthy Yummy Zucchini Chips?
Zucchini Chips. Zucchini is one of best vegetable for your healthy snacks. With the perfect combination of seasonings, this recipe turns a mild-flavored vegetable into a tasty, crunchy healthy-food. Skip the supermarket bags of “false chips”, and replace it with these fantastic oven baked Zucchini Chips.
Do you pay attention to calories? Perfect, if you follow this recipe you’ll get only about 100 calories per serving!
- 1 (large) zucchini, cut into 1/8″ – 1/4″ slices
- 1/3 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons low-fat milk
How to prepare Healthy Yummy Zucchini Chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Combine in a small mixing bowl, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, paprika.
- Dip zucchini slices into milk and dredge into bread crumbs to coat both sides. Note: It may be necessary to press crumbs onto zucchini slices to ensure the crumbs stick.
- Arrange zucchini on a non-stick cookie sheet and lightly mist with a non-stick cooking spray. If using a rack, place rack on a cookie sheet.
- Bake 15 minutes, turn over and continue baking until golden, approximately 10-15 minutes (being careful not to burn). Allow to cool to room temperature before storing in an airtight container.
TIP: Zucchini Chips will continue to get crispier while cooling.